Tuesday, July 22, 2008

爱心便当!!

This was the first time I saw Vix put so much effort in doing something. Kudos dude!! What actually happens is Mei Chee (the girl Vincent fall into, ^.^) is going to celebrate her birthday tomorrow . Therefore, Vix wanted to do something special for her. As everyone knows that the girl like prawn so much, thus I suggested Vincent to do homemade sushi for her. Surprisingly, he buy my idea. So we went to Giant straight away after class today to pick up some basic sushi-making material. Vix bought a lot of stuffs such as tiger prawns, sushi rice, rice vinegar, seaweeds and etc. When he paid the money, only I noticed that it has exceed RM75. Wow!! Nevertheless, it was still within his budget which is RM80.After buying all those stuff, we started our MASAK MASAK thingy at around 1.30pm. This was the first time Vincent try to cook something. In order to show his sincerity, he have to do everything by himself . So as one of his best friend, I stand beside him to assist and monitor his progress steps by steps. Luckily I did some research before we started everything. The hardest part was the progress of making sushi rice. The amount of rice vinegar, sugar and salt must be just accurate and been mix well so that the sushi rice will be taste just nice. Anyway, we did a great job. The sushi rice produced was wonderful! Haha...
Vincent was peeling the prawn!!

Next, Vix deep fried MC's favorite tiger prawns. We used tempura powder, corn powder, and eggs to make the prawns became more crispy and more Q. With my superb cooking skills, there is no doubt that the method I taught Vincent to fry showed great outcome. The prawns were golden brown and when we tried, the taste was delicious!! Haha.. Men are just too good to be chef... Wakakkaka...

After most of the cooking was done, Vincent started to pack his sushi rolls and tempura prawns in three lovely boxes. Then, he passed it to MC. I am not sure what MC said but the thing I am sure that is MC will lam sei.. huhu.. I also took advantages of the situation. There are many stuff left unused. Therefore, I also made some to yf. I did something sort of a bento which consists of 3 sushi rice balls, 4 tempura (vege de.. but it really taste nice!!) and one small California roll. Not to be boastful but my cooking skills is really beyond godlike. Don't believe?? Look at the pic!! Haha..Jason also came to give us a hand. He has helped us to do three giant rolls sushi and cut them into pieces so that it can be distributed to others floor mates. At around 6pm we started to pack everything and as usual I hate this part a lot. Back at home, I always dump everything to my mom to clear up. Haha... How naughty I am!! However, we were able to made everything to become clean and clear in just 30 minutes. :p What a day we have!! Tired but really enjoyable. Lastly, I would like to wish happy birthday MC and hope that you will be touched by what Vincent did to you. And to Vix, gambateh my friend!! Jia you!!

No comments: