Thursday, December 25, 2008

Trip to Sarawak 8

Guess what?? I found a swing inside one of the long houses!! Very special rite?? Haha.. Therefore, Vincent and I have a try on it. Fortunately, it works!! We have great fun with the swing... Haha..

We get to know the natives in Sarawak believe in animisme. Anismisme is a believe by praying to the surrounding and environment. However, what is this?? I capture this photo in front the IBAN LONG HOUSE. Is this their ancestors grave (R.I.P) or a place to pray on?? I am not really sure. Hopefully, those who know it, can give me some ideas k...

Two local indigenous women are showing off thier skills. On the top is a lady doing KUIH JALA. Kuih jala is one of the famous local cookies which looks like web. Anyway, I had a small story to tell about this Ibanese woman who is preparing kuih jala. The women shouted 'MALAYU, CINA, INDIA, IBAN' when the money paid by my friend to buy her kuih jala slip off from her hand. We were shocked to hear what she shouted. Then, we try to have a small investigation about why she shouted so. At last, we get to know that actually most of the natives in Sarawak will shout 'MALAYU, CINA, INDIA, IBAN' when they droped something and it has become thier norm. Haha.. Funny rite?? The second picture shows a women was knitting 'songket' ( i guess so.. dunnoe what name is that piece of cloth :p)


The natives in Sarawak are also famous with thier head haunting activities. I came through a lot of such skull inside most of the long houses. I was anxious to know how they were able to keep and maintain the skull is such 'good condition'. Anyhow, I still not dare to touch it. Take pictures can dy la....

No comments: