Monday, September 15, 2008

30 hours famine

You've got the power!! Neil Armstrong once said ' a small step for me, is a giant leap for the mankind'. Statistic showed that 1/6 of the world population today are living in poverty. However, the question now is how we can help to eradicate poverty?? Actually it is very easy, as long as everyone put some little effort to help these poverty children then the poverty can be eradicated. For me, I had joined the 30 hours famine camp organized by INTI-UC Stact Club in collaboration with the World Vision.

The camp was held in two places- Bagan Lalang (a famous beach nearby Nilai) and INTI-UC's Sport Hall. I learned a lot of things from the camp. I could experience how the children in the third world live in hunger. Besides, I also get to know the importance of a proper shelter to live in. Being poverty for 30 hours is uncomparable with those who live in povery in the whole life.

At Bagan Lalang, we played games related to poverty and having camp fire a night. Moreover, the organizer also played a lot of poverty clips on how the poor live in order to survive. In short, this wonderful camp is worth joining. I promise myself that I will try my best to help the poor in the future. For those readers outside there, I believe you all can contribute a little bit to help eradicate poverty too. Remember that, YOU'VE GOT THE POWER!!

Say Peace, No War!! Haha....

What a romantic scene....

Can see the words?? Caligraphy on the beach ... :p

No comments: